Thunderbird 0.8 folder bug ?

I am not sure if this is a Debian or Thunderbird problem so I am posting
to both lists. Having apt-upgraded to Thunderbird 0.8
I find the central pane completely blank so that I can not see the
contents of my inbox, or of any other box or folder. It remains blank.

I read the intro to the Thunderbird list explaining about the new
Global Inbox and can't help wondering if this problem is not
unconnected. I've closed and reopened Thunderbird a few times with
no change - it seems to be more than a deb packaging issue.

Adam Bogacki.
adamfb@gmail.com