cdrecord does not work as ordinary user in kernel 2.6.8-1-686

Hi,

I just recently mustered up some courage and started using Kernel 2.6, 2.6.8-1-686 to be more exact.

Since then I am having a few problems. Most can be lived with but cdrcord is not allowing non-root users to blank a CDRW disc.

The messages I get are given below. I have the CD write at /dev/hdd and a CDROM as /dev/hdc:
> ls -l /dev/hd[cd]
brw-rw----  1 root cdrom 22,  0 Mar 23 16:48 /dev/hdc
brw-rw----  1 root cdrom 22, 64 Mar 23 16:48 /dev/hdd

The blanking works only if I try as a root. I can though mount and read CD's okay in both the readers as a normal user.

And I am a member of the cdrom group. This writing worked okay under 2.4.26. Has anybody else had this problem?

All help is appreciated,
Thanks.
->HS

Here is what I get I try:
> cdrecord dev=ATAPI:0,1,0 blank=disc
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a34 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 J?rg Schilling NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial (modified) release of cdrecord
      and thus may have bugs that are not present in the original version.
Please send bug reports and support requests to <cdrtools@packages.debian.org>. The original author should not be bothered with problems of this version.

scsidev: 'ATAPI:0,1,0'
devname: 'ATAPI'
scsibus: 0 target: 1 lun: 0
Warning: Using ATA Packet interface.
Warning: The related Linux kernel interface code seems to be unmaintained.
Warning: There is absolutely NO DMA, operations thus are slow.
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : 'SONY    '
Identifikation : 'CD-RW  CRX175A1 '
Revision       : '5YS2'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc   CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes:
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. prevent/allow medium removal: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB:  1E 00 00 00 01 00
status: 0x0 (GOOD STATUS)
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s
cdrecord: Cannot init drive.