Re: Remove unrequired dependencies

Hello

Tom Wesley (<tom@tomaw.org>) wrote:

> Sorry for a probably normal query, but I couldn't find an answer with
> Google: Is there a simple way to remove packages that were installed
> as dependencies for packages that have since been removed?

If you installed the packages using aptitude, they can be automatically
removed, because aptitude keeps trak of packages installed because of
dependencies. I don't thikn apt does that, but you could still use
deborphan (e.g. deborphan -a --guess-all | less). However that way you
have to work through the list of all packages that are not needed by
other packages, which may be some unneeded library, of your favorite
email client.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270