Re: libGL

Hi,

Pene Chamuscado del Caballo a écrit:
Yes, this means that DRI and DRM are not being initialized. I had the
same problem, but I can't remember the exact steps I took to resolve
it. I beleive you need to load the module 'agpgart' if it is not
already built into the kernel, and then load your agp chipset module
'via-agp' if that is the correct one.

agpgart is already built in the kernel. And I think via-agp is the right module.

I'm not sure :) But make sure you did a make modules_install as root,
that should set up the module dependencies properly.

I compiled the kernel with kernel-package which handled it.

After you have loaded the module, check the output of  dmesg to see if
it successfully detected your chipset. I get something like:

agpgart: Detected AMD Irongate chipset
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 176M
agpgart: AGP aperture is 64M @ 0xe8000000
agpgart: Found an AGP 1.0 compliant device at 0000:00:00.0.
agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:00:00.0 into 1x mode
agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:01:05.0 into 1x mode

The module seems to be loaded :

$ lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
ati_agp                 6476  0
amd_k7_agp              5836  0
via_agp                 7168  1

But I haven't got the same message (the second part misses):
$ dmesg | grep agp
Linux agpgart interface v0.100 (c) Dave Jones
agpgart: Detected VIA KT266/KY266x/KT333 chipset
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 96M
agpgart: AGP aperture is 64M @ 0xe0000000

I tried glxinfo with tcsh and I obtained the following information :
$ setenv LIBGL_DEBUG verbose
$ glxinfo > /dev/null
libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 4.0.1 r128 (screen 0)
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/r128_dri.so
libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 4.0.1 r128 (screen 0)
drmOpenByBusid: busid is PCI:1:0:0
drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 4, (OK)
drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 4
drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports PCI:1:0:0
libGL error: drmMap of sarea failed

Finally, I read the DriTroubleshooting, (http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/) but there were no information about my problem. It helped me to detect an unresolved symbol:
$ grep unresolved /var/log/XFree86.0.log
Symbol fbdevHWGetLineLength from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/r128_drv.o is unresolved!

(DRI is loaded in XF86Config-4 and libglx.so isn't present on my computer.) I don't agree the sentence : "If you've made it this far, glxinfo should be printing direct rendering: Yes"

Have you got any more ideas ?

TIA,

--
Prakash