Re: Trouble mounting floppy with 2.4.27

Hello

Eric Dickner (<ejdickner@yahoo.com>) wrote:

> I didn't have any trouble mounting my floppy drive as
> file system type "auto" with 2.2.x, but since my
> upgrade "mount" insists that I provide a file system
> type.  I tried "msdos" but it tells me the kernel
> doesn't support that type.
>
> What might be going on?

I think the msdos module is not loaded. Mount does not autoprobe for
this file system by default. It checks /proc/filesystems, and msdos is
only listed if the driver has been loaded. You can solve the problem by
either

- copying /proc/filesystems to /etc/filesystems and adding msdos
  read the mount man page for details

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270