Re: Xserver authorization/security

Thanks - and, you're right, and I had forgotten that; ".login" is a
shell feature.  (I probably didn't look in the "csh" or "tcsh"
manuals...)

The "Xauthority" tactic, if I understand correctly, is similar to
using "xauth"; you have to run something from your login shell one
way or another.  What I'm trying to figure out, is how to get a
system-level solution to the problem, so that it wouldn't be necessary,
in the case of a system with several users any of whom might be the
one to spawn the X server when they log in, for each user to have to
have something in their login shell.