Tuxracer doesn't work correctly when using ALSA

Hello

(already posted to d-u-german several days ago, but no answer so far)

Is anyone else having problems getting Tuxracer to work with ALSA?

My problem: when using the ALSA drivers, Tuxracer loads, but I only get
a black screen. The mouse cursor is bigger than normal, so switching to
the right screen resolution seems to work. I can still move the mouse
cursor, but Tuxraver cannot be killed. ps says it is in uninterruptable
sleed (D). I can restart X using CTRL+ALT+DEL, log in again, and
restart Tuxracer. /This/ time it works.

So right now, to play Tuxracer, I have to start X, start Tuxracer,
restart X and restart Tuxracer. The problem does /not/ occur if I use
the OSS drivers. I have this problem with several self-compiled 2.6
kernels as well the precompiled 2.6-k7 kernel from my installation DVD.

I use a current Sarge system with a SB Live 5.1 sound card. I tried this
on a system without the nvidia drivers as well as on a system with
them.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270