Thanks for your help guys / solved partially? Re: ARRGH defoma-hints also not working :-/

Well thanks for _all_ suggestions :-)

OK I found _part_ of the solution somewhere else I had to to install

# apt-get install libft-perl   libttf2

after that I had to do this:

defoma-hints --no-question truetype  /path/to/fonts/*.ttf >/etc/defoma/hints/your.hints
--no-question this turns off any questions defoma-hints would ask.

defoma-font register-all /etc/defoma/hints/your.hints

most likely I will need to start defoma but I am not sure, so after the
next reboot I will see if this solved the whole font-mess here.

And no I don't reboot because I want to check defoma, my pc is in my
sleeping-room and too noisy to leave it running while sleeping :-)

Who know if this helps another _poor_ soul to add new fonts to defoma,
most hits on gooogle were just cries for help :-/

LinuxUser aka Josef Oswald linux.os@chello.at
--
registered-linux-user # 134.818 at http://counter.li.org