Re: ssh-agent no longer starts with X

Hello

Jose M. Rus (<jmrus@euneo.com>) wrote:

> I've been using passwordless ssh connections in X with ssh-agent for
> months, but now ssh-agent doesn't start with X as before. In my
> initial configuration I asked the X server to use ssh-agent (with the
> line "use-ssh-agent" in /etc/X11/Xsession.options), then I installed
> the ssh-askpass-fullscreen package and finally I placed a symlink to
> ssh-add in ~/.kde/Autostart. It has worked until now, as soon as KDE
> started I was prompted the passphrase only once.
>
> Now, I don't know why, in a xterm ssh-add complains that it "Could not
> open a connection to your authentication agent". It seems that
> ssh-agent hasn't been launched:

Recently someone on the list pointed out that in unstable th agent did
not start if you logged in via KDM, because the Xsession script of KDM
was broken and no longer included the Xsession scripts from /etc/X11.
It should look like this:

andreas@sirius:~$ cat /etc/kde3/kdm/Xsession
#! /bin/sh
# Xsession - run as user