Re: make-kpkg problems

On 2004-09-01, Joshua Y. Stabiner <Joshua.Y.Stabiner@Dartmouth.EDU> wrote:

> Anytime I do a make-kpkg with modules as the target
> (modules_image, modules, modules_config, modules_clean ete.)
> I get the following output (and no .deb file):
>
> for module in  ; do                       \

This line should say:

  for module in <list-of-modules>; do   \

but the list of modules is empty and so the contents of the 'for'
loop is never executed.

I'm not quite sure why; but it indicates that make-kpkg is not
being asked to make any modules.

If the modules you are trying to build are not only the standard
ones in the kernel sources then check that /usr/src/modules
exists and contains what you expect.

You have selected some stuff to be built as modules, right?
Verify with:

  grep =m /usr/src/linux/.config

(Adjust path to .config to match what you have.)

What happens when you run:

  make-kpkg buildpackage

(with or without '-initrd' and  '-revision=<localverno>' as
appropriate)?

Do you get a deb then?

Alexis
http://dione.no-ip.org/~alexis/