key bindings in xterm/multi-gnome-terminal

Hello,

How do I get the key binding to work properly in an xterm?
If I try to use emacs or zile the keys don't work properly.

CTL-SHIFT-@ should allow to start marking lines for copy/paste
but they don't do anything in an xterm.  They do work from
the console however?

lance

--

                                Lance Hoffmeyer
                              lance@augustmail.com

          The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and
                          governments to gain ground.
                                       -
                                Thomas Jefferson