"Stretched" printing in Firefox with CUPS

For a few weeks now I've been getting "stretched" printing from
Firefox. By that I mean that all the text is vertically elongated so
that the page runs off the bottom of the physical paper.

Printing works from other applications. I've been hoping this would
just go away with some upgrade of Firefox, but it's persisted long
enough to become irritating.

Google reveals I'm not alone, but doesn't point to any answers.
Anyone worked out a fix?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--