live cd install option

Hi,

I've been using Gnoppix for a while now, since my laptop hard disk died.
Its a great live cd distro and I've passed it out to several friends.
But for a non techie like me its still too hard to modify.

So that got me wondering. How about if the Debian install had an option
to create a live cd instead of installing to disk. Perhaps the installer
would install to a file on disk that one could then burn to CD. That way
anybody could create a live cd customised just the way they wanted.

This seems quite feasible to me, but IANAT so if its totally off base. I
guess I'll hear about it.

emk