Re: PowerEdge 700 SATA anyone?

I have a Dell PowerEdge 600SC which is SATA. I got it at the beginning
of the year. I run Sarge on it no problems w/ the 2.6.7 kernel.

It comes with some crap on the drive. I did a fresh install, wiping the
drive clean in the process and I've had no problems. I just installed
Sarge on another system and the rc installer is great (netinst cd
image). Enter "expert" at the boot prompt in the install and you'll be
able to install the 2.6.7 kernel right from the start.

Sarge is a good choice, too, since it should become stable relatively
soon.

So, I don't know about stable, but if you want to run Sarge you should
not have problems.

Richard