Re: KDE 3.3 logout crashes the system

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 12:38:58PM +0200, Kry?tof ???ek wrote:
> Sorry if this is a known fact:
>
> Logout from the KDE 3.3  (End Session) causes operating system to crash quite often. I have confirmed this on multiple computers. Does anyone experience the same problem?
>

> OS: Debian SID, latest packages
> Kernel:  2.4.26-1-686
> KDE: 3.3.0-1.1
> X: 4.3.0.1

_What_ crashes? Kernel? KDM? X11?

If you can use fvwm and still have it crash, do this:

1. Open the FvwmConsole
2. Type Module FvwmCommandS
3. Open a terminal
4. type: sleep 60; FvwmCommand 'FakeClick press 1 release 1 depth 0'
5. Move your mouse over the "End Session" button. If it is a menu item,
   open the menu and move your mouse over the item, but DON'T CLICK.
6. Type Control-Alt-F1
7. Wait.

KDe should logout. If your system crashes, it will likely have better
luck telling you what is going on, if you are in text mode.

--
The world's most effective spam filter:
        ln -sf /dev/full /var/mail/$USER