Re: How to find in which CD is a package ?

Hello

belahcene (<belahcene@iap-cu.dz>) wrote:

> I am looking for lyx (a front end for latex), I find it in the sarge
> distro, but in which CD ? It is not in the  8 first Cd ?
> Is there a procedure to find the CD  number ?
> The package are not sorted by CD.  May be adding the number of the CD
> after a package in the list of package can help the users !!?

What exactly is your problem? After using apt-cdrom with all the CDs,
simply installing lyx with "apt-get install lyx" should be all you need
to do. If you don't have all the CDs, why don't you add a Debian mirror
to your sources.list or get the package from packages.debian.org?

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976