Re: OpenOffice.org and Spelling

How I got it working.......
I had been having the same problems with spell checking.

I already have the directory /ooo in:
/usr/lib/openoffice/share/dict
but it's not a symlink to /usr/share/myspell/dicts/ .

I also ran the
/usr/share/myspell/dicts/DicOOo.sxw
 as root and it installed the dictionary, the "administrator setup" and spell checking worked for root, but not for me "normal user". So I ran it again as me "normal user" and it works!!

So I had to install dictionaries for both users, root and myself.

Ralph

Fredrik Simonsson wrote:
I also sugguest that you load the document:
/usr/share/myspell/dicts/DicOOo.sxw
in Openoffice and select the languages you need.  It is some
kind of macros, but it works.