Periodic HD acctivity

Hi!

Since some time I have problem with no being able to get my hard drive to sleep. I have a laptop with 512 MB ram and had this working for some time successfully with laptop-mode and hdparm, and this despite ext3 filesystem (commit interval at 600s). The hard drive stayed sucessfully in sleep state for long periods, longer when the stystem was idle.

But this changed when KDE 3.2 was upgraded to 3.3 on Debian unstable. (I'm not quite sure whether it is KDE which is doing the mess though, but somehow my feeling tells me this...) Now my hard drive is accessed regardless what I am doing periodicaly every minute (that is ever 60 seconds), and regardless what I have tried, it keeps spinning (if sleep interval is set with hdparm to a value bigger then 1 minute) or is constantly awaken to a certain time each minute (if the sleep interval is set less then 60 seconds). Really anoying.

Is there any possibility to check, which process is accessing the hard drive in this periodic manner?

With best regards,
- Martin