advice on ipsec implementations

Hi all,

I'm interested in using NAT-T for a VPN connection on Debian.  However
the FreeSWan packages appear to be broken currently, and since that
would mean I'd have to compile FreeSWan by hand with a NAT-T patch, it
has inclined me towards looking at active developments such as OpenSWan
and StrongSWan that support NAT-T already, and are ongoing projects.

Can anyone give me feedback on their experiences with either of these
projects ?

cheers
Dave

--
Dave Harrison, Systems Administrator, Sensory Networks
    email:          David.Harrison@sensorynetworks.com