Re: Houston, I May Have a Problem (chkrootkit Results)

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 08:56:19PM -0700, Scarletdown wrote:
> Since I have been having occasional problems getting verious packages
> installed or uninstalled, I decided to do a chkrootkit.  The results
> look rather disturbing.  Is there anyway short of starting from scratch
> to fix the problems that showed up?  Here's the results...

One other thing that I would recommend, have you looked at rkhunter? I
would run both of these tools on the premise that two tools usually give
you a sanity check that a single took won't. (Of course, some would say
that a man with one watch always knows what time while a man with two is
never sure...But that doesn't really apply in this case...)

--Brad