Re: Serial console installs?

Brian Nelson wrote:

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 06:50:24PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
Brian Nelson wrote:

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 10:08:43AM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:

debian@halligan.org wrote:

I'm trying to install Sarge over the net (booting netinstall via pxe).
I can only connect to it via serial console.. When it boots up into
serial console, it seems to try sending VGA data to the serial port.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is there a way to get around this?
Best to direct Qs about d-i to the boot-floppies list where all the d-i folk hang out. They will want to know about this.
What one would that be?  debian-boot?  That list is intended for
development purposes, and not general user support.  Support questions
should be kept on debian-user.
If you did your homework you'd understand that right now they want reports from everyone who uses it. They even provide a template report for folk to complete.

Installation reports?  Yes.  General questions that are already
documented?  No.

They definitely do not want random junk from everyone who uses it.  They
are already having enough trouble keeping up with just the installation
reports.  If you did your homework, you'd know that.

We're talking about a real problem here. I tried to make that clear.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait