Re: smbmount w2k3 no write access

Still not getting anywhere, the options gid uid umask seem to have no
effect with smbmount and due to the way need to access w2k3 shares. I
have only been able to mount the drive using the command smbmount. I
have not been able to get fstab or `mont -t smbfs` to pass the proper
authentication to the w2k3 server.  I DO have write access as root.
using the command
#`smbmount //downtown/sysback /mnt/smb/downtown/ -o
username=username/servername%'!password'`
But I'm trying to get a regular user R/W access to a file on the W2k3
server. I have Quickbooks 2004 running under crossover and the
quickbooks data file is on the w2k3 server. If I can't get the thing to
mount the way I want it, Can I somehow give the user (myself) root
access to this directory?

I'm Running a fresh install of Debian Sid/Unstable kernel 2.6.8-1-k7
and reiserfs as my main file system. If any of that matters.

Jody