From: Martin Theiß [mailto:mtheiss@neo.wh-stuttgart.de]
Sent: Thursday, 26 August 2004 8:41 a.m.
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: icecast

Hi Steven Jones, *,

Steven Jones wrote:

> I am looking to stream some of my own music, looks like icecast is a
> good candidate.
>
> can anyone offer/suggest?,
>
> 1) Good URLs for documentation?
/usr/share/doc/icecast{,2}/ ;)

> 2) Alternative applications for a Debian based box, if they are easier
> to do?
try icecast2, available in sarge and sid; you could also try a shoutcast
server, but it is closed source.

to stream the music to the server you may also need a source client like
darkice or ices

Kind regards
Martin

--
Martin Theiß <mtheiss@neo.wh-stutgart.de>
GPG-Fingerprint: EC80 53A2 F0A2 6E6C 74D2  CB6E 002A F6D3 E78B 7F45

The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux - TKK 5