copying text from console to X with gpmdata?

Hello,
I setup my mouse with gpm and repeat so I could copy
text from a console to X.  I have /dev/gpmdata in
XF86Config-4 and the mouse is working in both a console
(Ctl-Alt-1) and X.  It does appear to slow down the
process of getting back into X though.

My question is that I don't seem to be able to copy
info from the console into X.  I have tried highlighting
the text in console, going to X and pressing the middle
mouse button but nothing happens.

Am I missing something or is gpmdata not working properly?

Lance

                                Lance Hoffmeyer
                              lance@augustmail.com

  Fear of serious injury cannot alone justify suppression of free speech and
    assembly.  Men feared witches and burned women.  It is the function of
           speech to free men from  the bondage of irrational fears.
                                       -
                           Justice Louis D. Brandeis