Re: Orderly dismount at shutdown?

In article <[🔎] 200408241138.19955.d_baron@012.net.il>,
David Baron  <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:
>Now that I have my multi-partition file system up and running: One of the
>partitions (mounted /usr/share) does not dismount in an orderly manner on
>shutdown. I get messages like:
> Illegal seek ....
>...hdb6 not mounted ...

It's kind of hard to diagnose a problem like this without the
exact message..

>File system is OK on restart. (The first time, I needed ext3 journal recovery
>but this has not recurred.)

You can't unmount a filesystem if it's busy (something still running
with files open on that filesystem), or if there's something
else mounted on it. Perhaps that's your problem.

Mike.
--
"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes
 a revolutionary act." -- George Orwell.