Re: force full duplex

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 01:32:08PM +0200, Jacob Friis Larsen wrote:
> How can I make my system run with full duplex?
>
> In /var/log/dmesg I see:
> tg3: eth1: Link is up at 100 Mbps, half duplex.
> tg3: eth1: Flow control is off for TX and off for RX.
> tg3: eth0: Link is up at 100 Mbps, half duplex.
> tg3: eth0: Flow control is off for TX and off for RX.
>
> Thanks,
> Jacob
>

> --
Hi Jacob,

here is snip of http://www.ovislink.com.tw/DRIVERS/8139/linux-help.htm
--------------------------------
 (3.) Adjusting speed:

 Driver is designed with the goal that no options should be needed in
 most environment. However not all cards and networks can be
 automatically configured, thus allow operational parameters to be
 modify when they are loaded as module. Typically the following
 variables may be set:

 insmod rtl8139 options=0x40
 Hex Decimal Meaning
 0x10 16 …..Force Full-Duplex operation (must be used with 0x20 or 0x40)
 0x20 32 …..Force 100mbps-only operation
 0x40 64 …..Force 10mbps-only

 If loading as a module and configured /etc/conf.modules

 alias eth0 rtl8139
 options options=0x40
-Kev
--