Re: dpkg / apt equivalent to 'rpm -qf'?

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 09:06:50PM -0400, Carl Fink wrote:

> > 3. That if I have KDE|GNOME|whatever DTE installed I always want to run
> > it when I boot.
>
> Okay, that annoys me, too.

rcconf is quite handy. But removing the symlinks in /etc/rc?.d/* for whatever
DM is running, or editing /etc/X11/default-display-manager (again, we've been
over this before), is nothing trivial.

> > 4. That I know where in the startup/shutdown process each daemon belongs.
> > On RHL & SuSE if I decide to turn ptal off because my printeris causing
> > grief, it's a simple command to do so. Later, I can easily turn it back
> > on in its proper place in the startup sequence.
>
> I don't understand this.

See rcconf, above. That's possibly what he's getting at.

-- Thomas Adam
--
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?