Re: Wvdial cant surf the web

Thomas Adam wrote:

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 05:11:09PM -0500, Johnny wrote:
Thomas
I did look at /etc/ppp/resolv.conf there is know resolv.conf in that folder what do i need to do to make it.

In that case, create (if it doesn't aleady exist), the file "/etc/resolv.conf"
and add to it:

nameserver <insert IP>

As to the IP you use, that depends on your ISP.

-- Thomas Adam
Thats the same problem I am having (thread: ppp problem)
I have adapted my resolv.conf, and even without it pppd does automagically (as you said earlier) add the nameservers anyways. still can't surf, can't even ping the name servers I listed. and yes they do exist. I connect fine, using noauth pap, gives me a dynamic ip, gives me a remote ip. after 5 more installs today because I feel stoopid and must have done something wrong, it's still not working aarrggghhhh bugga. good side got UT2003 installed nicely, and it does make a big difference playing on linux. much crisper. just have to figure out how to compile a kernel to remove frame buffer so I have an x console with the nvidia drivers. goshh
Haldor