Re: strange error in mozilla-firefox under Debian/Sid

It's probably a problem with some rogue extension. No matter if you try to disable/uninstall it, it already fsck'd up your chrome config!

If you are not afraid of the code, you can try to search for 'class="t' in your $PROFILE/chrome/*, and try to identify to which extension the line belongs. Then you can uninstall it by hand, instructions in:

http://white.sakura.ne.jp/~piro/xul/doc/installation.html.en#uninstall

I seem to recall a similar error I solved this way, the problem was "Preferential", I think, but I'm not sure.

If you still can't solve it, try googlin' some more or lurking your installed extensions' forums in:

http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/

If you just want to have your browser back, try creating a new profile with firefox -ProfileManager; then you must copy to it by hand anything you want from your old profile: bookmarks.html, history.html, Cache/... (when firefox is not running).

Good luck

James D. Freels escribió:
My i386 system running Debian/Sid is using the current mozilla-firefox
at version 0.9.3-2.  Everything works except at the bottom of the
firefox window is a large rectangle covering the entire width of the
window.  Contained in the lower left of this box (gray background) are
the characters:

      class="t
^

I have disabled about every option (plugins, etc.) and still this shows
up.  Also every web page including a blank page this shows up.  It is
such a nuisance, I cannot use it.

Anyone else seen this before I file a bug report ?