Re: building or obtaining debian non-free CDs ?

B Thomas wrote:
On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 07:52:34AM -0800, Greg Madden wrote:

You might mean non-us ?, not non-free as non-free is a part of woody. Using jigdo you can get non-us, disk one :
http://us.cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/3.0_r2/jigdo/i386/
--
Greg C. Madden

non-free part of woody ?? I don't see this. I have the 6 + 1(update)
Cds distribution of woody and it does not have any of the non-free
packages that I use like gap or scilab etc etc. And these are the
ones that are provided with source code too but alas under gpl incompatible conditions.

Non-US cds are available with lot of vendors and at many mirrors. But
not a single Non-Free CD. B Thomas

Umm, a major reason for a package going into non-free is a prohibtion on commercial redistribution. It would probably be a major undertaking of a CD vendor to audit non-free to determine what they can actually distribute. Given the 'margins' on CD sales, it is simply not worth it for them.