Re: Is Openoffice's Spell checking broken in SID?

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:08:00 -0400
Ralph Crongeyer <ralph@crongeyer.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Spell checking isn't working for me in Openoffice on SID.
> Is anyone else having problems with MySpell and Openoffice?
>
> Thanks
> Ralph
>
> - --
Hello,

I had the same problem after an install of sid.  Finaly I found the following bug report:

Debian Bug report logs - #266810
openoffice.org: language modules not there and used the /usr/share/myspell/dicts/DicOOo.sxw macro to install a new dictionary.  This one showed up in the languages settings dialog box and spell checking worked.  My installed dictionaries from apt-get are still not available.  I hope this helps.

doug
and used the