ppp problems

Hiya, just got a copy of  woody r2, and installed it on my machine.
first timer. managed to get nvidia thingy to compile for my video card, and solved the problem of
not finding screens. what a mission that. all good.

now however am stuck.
I can dial a ppp conection using wvdial, kppp, pon, and all works fine.
after changing bits and bobs and adding the NOAUTH tag to all the chat scripts. I get dynamic ip allocation. I can ping it, can ping local, and the remote proxy, BUT
cannot do dns lookups, surf, ping anything else.
what am I doing wrong? how can I fix it?

appreciate any and all help regarding this.
cheers and beers
Haldor
geekboy@clear.net.nz