Re: X Server Crash

tallison@tacocat.net wrote:

Hello everyone,
This is my first posting to any debian list.
I had a problem with an X Server Crash whose output, together with that of
scanpci, is pasted below. I digged around lists.debian.org and found
similar problems experienced by others, only that they didn't help. I'm
running Woody 3.0r2. Is it possible to successfully run X without
upgrading any software and if so how. Thanks.

(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Wish I had an answer for you.  I have the same problem.
I am not sure why it's like this, but "dumb problem" comes to mind.

If I find anything tonight, I'll be sure to post it.

Check your /proc fs .
I had the same problem short time ago, because my /proc filesystem don`t have bus/pci.

Greets Nils Hebisch