Re: GUI Database?

Ed Sutherland wrote:

S.D.A. wrote:

On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 12:45:30AM -0400 or thereabouts, Ed Sutherland wrote:
<>I'm one of those persons switching from a major desktop (OS X) to Linux
(the PPC version of Debian's distro.) I want something like Filemaker

<>Seriously, MySQL has a fairly decent web front end in PHPMyAdmin. You'll find it
pretty intuitive, and end up with a better database.

Ah, PhpMyAdmin. I ran across it in a MySQL online tutorial and downloaded it. It's not installed because of all the editing and hoop-jumping involved. I now need to find a tutorial for installing PHPMyAdmin. ;)

Ed

Try:  aptitude update
         aptitude install phpmyadmin

or:  Synaptic > find> phpmyadmin>mark for installation.

P.S.

Sorry about sending you the first attempt, did not notice the "to:" was not to Debian user list.

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com