Re: ftping files >2GB

Ben wrote:

Hi all, I am new to this list.

I have been struggling with a problem of ftping a couple of larger
than 2GB files from my old *bsd web server to my new Debian-based
system.

I seem to be hitting the 2GB limit with both ftp (ftp login to the
other machine, wu-ftpd and openbsd-ftpd (ftp login from the other
machine).

I personally rarely use ftp to transfer files. In your position I'd be using scp (part of the ssh package) and for sure multi-gigabite files are no problem with scp.

To copy from your bsd box, assuming ssh is installed in both places:
scp bdsbox:/var/dirty-big-file /tmp
or
scp /var/dirty-big-file linuxbox:/tmp

for more: