Re: cpufreqd died

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 01:11:26 +0200
Dirk Reiss <d.reiss@tu-bs.de> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> since some days, cpufreqd seems to stop running when syslog is being
> restarted (every night via cron). I have entries from cpufreqd in
> syslog.0 (after restart) but syslog (used after restart) does not
> contain any of these. cpufreqd is, according to ps, although not
> running anymore and the scaling governor last used keeps set.
>
> Any suggestions what could be the problem?

Some programs don't handle the logfile rotation very well. You may want
to look into the prerotate and postrotate commands for logrotate (to
shut down and restart cpufreqd before and after the rotation occurs).

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #4:
Linux: The OS people choose without $200,000,000 of persuasion