Re: howto add xfree86

On Wednesday 18 August 2004 11:05 pm, Paul Johnson wrote:
> mk2@nerdshack.com writes:
> > i installed Woody 3.0 r2 on my computer, then download
> > xfree86-4.3-JoeyHess (about 150MB).
> >
> > Howto add that package into my Debian to run X?
>
> dpkg -i <packagename>
>
> If you want to do anything more specific, check the manual.
> http://ursine.ca/cgi-bin/dwww?type=man&location=/usr/share/man/man8/dpkg.8.
>gz

Hi Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> !
Hi Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> !

I just found my mistake in editing /etc/apt/sources.list. That is :

deb file:/home/deb/00/xfree86-4.3 woody main ===>(error)
deb file:/home/deb/00//xfree86-4.3 woody main =======>(OK)
                                        ^

After adding "/" , apt-get update run smoothly and I copy XF86Config-4
from my current Knoppix 3.4 then run Woody  X  ok.

--
m k h _ s g n