ensoniq soundscape vivo 90 on woody

Hello,

I'm running Debian Woody with kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4.  It's on a Gateway 2000
P5-200 maching (200MHz) with an ISA Ensoniq Soundscape VIVO 90 sound card.
I've installed mpd and phpmd to play music out of the server via a web
interface.  I had a rough time getting the sound card to work initially, but
finally had it working about a week ago.  The problem was, the server was
unplugged by one of my roommates and I lost all the settings I used to get
the sound card working.  (I know I'm dumb for not putting them in the boot
sequence.)  After a few days of Googling, I've tried using the sscape.o
module, the ad1848.o module, installed alsa, etc. with no luck.

Upon executing modprobe sscape, I get the response:

/lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/kernel/drivers/sound/sscape.o: init_module: No
such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
invalid IO or IRQ parameters
/lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/kernel/drivers/sound/sscape.o: insmod
/lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/kernel/drivers/sound/sscape.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/kernel/drivers/sound/sscape.o: insmod sscape
failed

Same deal with ad1848.o.  I've tried combinations of IRQs, IO, and DMA
parameters as suggested by folks on Google.  sndconfig returns the same
thing every time.  I've also tried installing alsa-base and using those
drivers through alsaconf.  It probes for ISA cards, says there's no match
found, and exits.

pnpdump shows the ISA card with "Ensoniq SoundscapeVIVO" as the identifier.

The relevant portion of lsmod is:

sound                  52876   0  [v_midi]
soundcore               3236   4  [sound]

Is there something wrong with my card?  Is there a way to get back my
configuration before the reboot?  Is there something else I should try to
get this going?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Pat