TUN/TAP tunneling using kernel 2.6.8.1

Hi all,

hope one of you all can spread some light on my prob.
Two days ago I started testing pear-pc ((power-pc emulator) pearpc.sf.net).
Now that I have Mac Os X installed as client, I would start networking with
the host
(Debian Sid/Sarge Mix Kernel 2.6.8.1 P4_2,8_Intel-Chipset_768Meg_SD-RAM).

Therefor I need a TUN/TAP tunneling device. I followed this howto>>
http://emaculation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1547

But I got stuck at the point that I can't even get ifconfig to setup the
device on the Host.

lsmod shows me that tun.o is loaded. /etc/modules.conf has this line to load
the module
"alias char-major-10-200 tun"

The device where created using:
"mknod -m 660 /dev/tap0 c 36 16"
"mknod -m 660 /dev/net/tun c 10 200"

At last here is the error "ifconfig tap0 192.168.1.79 netmask 255.255.255.0
up" give's back
SIOCSIFADDR: Kein passendes Gerät gefunden
tap0: ERROR while getting interface flags: Kein passendes Gerät gefunden
SIOCSIFNETMASK: Kein passendes Gerät gefunden
tap0: ERROR while getting interface flags: Kein passendes Gerät gefunden

Kein passendes Gerät gefunden=Device not found or something similar.

Did I forget some steps ? Hope U can find a mistake.

Greetz
 Mirco

--
Jede Glorifizierung eines Menschen, der im Kriege getötet worden ist,
bedeutet drei Tote im nächsten Krieg. Kurt Tucholsky 1932