Re: Problem with noflushd in Sarge

'ello,

[ For some reason, I got a delivery failure notification on my original
message today, only to find that it had finally appeared in my inbox, so
apologies for the delay in replying. This seems to be happening to me on
debian-powerpc as well, lately. ]

I realise now that as the disk is EXT3 I won't get very far :-).  I'll
look into hdparm, thanks for the suggestion.

I have realised what the problem was regarding it not printing out
messages -- in Woody, I had produced my own command line in the
/det/defaults/noflushd file and this included the verbose switch.  When
I set it on on Sarge, I just used the timeout and device options,
forgetting that it is not verbose by default (like most daemons).

I'm running 2.4.x, BTW.

Thanks for the help; I will try a more appropriate method (e.g. hdparm)
next! :-)

bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew@agrip.org.uk>