Re: nfs not working

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 20:01:20 +0100
Alan Chandler <alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> spake thus:

> I just discoverd that nfs mounts that previously had been working do not seem
> to be anymore.
>
> When ever I try to mount the nfs exported directory on my client machine I get
>
> mount: RPC: Program not registered
>
> Looking up on google what to do about this it said use rpcinfo -p host  (where
> I assume -p is the server - is the machine exporting its directories).  When
> I do that I get the somewhat terse.
>
> No remote programs registered.
>
> With no explanation I can find of what that means
>
> I have checked on the "server" box, and portmap rpc.nfsd and rpc.mountd are
> all running.
>
> Not sure what to do next

Hi,
Can you think of anything that has changed with your client since the
last time you recall sucessfully mounting the server ? On the server
side a showmount -e should give you a listing of exported directories
and on the client side the following should be running /sbin/portmap and
rpciod .

HTH

LukeK

--