woody to sarge experiment

Hello,

I'm not sure wether this is the best place to post this but..
Yesterday, and today - I did a little experiment; I installed a fresh woody desktop (well, a small one; I installed everything for X to run window maker, gdm (that's about the complete gnome thing!) , window maker, fluxbox (all with aptitude, from the base debian the woody installer delivers) - and then did a full upgrade to sarge;

I just found a few minor problems..

- Mouse handling is broken after upgrade; maybe /etc/gpm.conf was broken ? After removing gpm the problem went away; - before upgrading, X didn't have a problem with gpm

- The user's window manager was changed to "Default window manager" which is the same as gnome (except that the gnome entry tries to do some upgrade which doesn't seem to function really - when asking to keep the current desktop I didn't get any standard menu at all) - it *should* have stayed tuned to fluxbox (the user's default) - gnome complains about xscreensaver not being there (that's correct; but it's ugly it didn't come with the rest of gnome if it's recommended; after all, I did use aptitude for this upgrade to sarge) after an install of xscreensaver it still complains (maybe because a suggested package couldn't be installed)

After warning the gdm config was replaced; shutting down is then only allowed for the root user (I wonder what might happen if the old configuration is in place - no idea how incompatible those two are ?)

I hope this is helpfull ;)
(Anyway, I was too lazy to set up an X login without gdm, how would that have worked? don't know much about startx and similar tricks )

regards,

Joris