usb 1-2: control timeout on ep0in

hi out there

Actually I'm running on Kanotix BH7, using 2.6.6-kanotix-3 and a self-made 2.6.7 kernel. Now what's driving me nuts is that one every 4 boots I get this error message and booting up fails :-(
It's not even possible to reboot, I have to remove the laptop's battery!

It happens more frequently using the self compiled 2.6.7, although even the kanotix-3 showed the same problem.
I googled a bit to learn that it seems to be a common bug on 2.6.x kernels.

has anyone an idea how to fix it?

.Michael Lang