Re: Securing SSH: How to enable FAIL_DELAY?

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Ralph Katz wrote:

> In trying to further tighten-up SSH, I'd like to enable FAIL_DELAY  that
> I see in /etc/login.defs but has no effect in ssh.  I'm running ssh
> 3.8.1p1-8 and have already disabled RootLogin and enabled MaxStartups.

i assume you have enabled tcp_wrappers on sshd ??

in which case, you can add sshd into /etc/hosts.allow
	sshd:	your-ip#

	and nobody else can ssh in even if they know your login and passwd

	( i stumble on that all the time at client sites when i forget
	( to allow their gateway into my box so i can scp some files

c ya
alvin