Re: no sound on Sarge

Hello

michael.sherman@og.ge.com (<michael.sherman@og.ge.com>) wrote:

> I have installed Sarge (2.6 kernel) on one of my machines and I get no
> sound. The sound card is onboard, here is the line generated by the
> lspci command
> - 0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801AA AC'97
> Audio (rev 02)
>
> and I also did the lsmod to see if modules for sound are loaded
> i810_audio             30228  0
> ac97_codec             16908  1 i810_audio
> soundcore               9696  2 snd,i810_audio

Typical problems are:

- no write access to audio device files
Add yourself to the audio group, log out and in again

- volume set to 0, channels muted
Install and use mixer (e.g. amix)

Also check dmesg to see if the device driver reports any errors when it
is loaded.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270