Re: mozilla doesn't load

Hello i woud like to catch on that thread, because i got a simular problem.
I used debian sarge on an diskless installation and have problems to run
Mozilla or Mozilla-Firebird, some dayes earlyer i installed the woody
realease and had the same problems.Then i tried other aplications also
some different browsers, they run whithout problem.So i'm sure that's an
mozilla specific problem.
To answer the questions from the last mail:

1) The process exits on its own and no mozilla-firebird regarding
prozesses are left(at least most of the times).

3) Error message: The error messages tells basically that it don't finds
the locale file's in /var/lib/mozilla-firefox/locales.d,
It is empty because all clients got different /var  directories on the
master and they where not syncronist, but at least the directory
/var/lib/mozilla-firebird/locales.d where created, i found that a bit
weard but unless i think the locales are not the mainbroplem i think
that's not so important and is more a diskless problem.
After i coppied the specific file there, i got no more error
when i run firefox, but when i stard the browser whith mozilla-firefox i get

(process:1368): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
        Using the fallback 'C' locale.

still no browser appears on my screen!!

is it possibill that mozilla has to write on the root filesystem which is
ro mounted??
here are my mounts:
/             nfs ro
/home         nfs rw
/var          nfs rw
/var/lib/dpkg nfs ro
/tmp          nfs rw

>On Friday 18 June 2004 06:40 am, Nicolau Leal Werneck wrote:
>> Hello.  I'm  installing  mozilla on a diskless network. The machines
>> can boot  normally,  I can load lots of programs, like GIMP, mplayer,
>> glade, mutt...   Everything   looks  fine,  but  some  programs,
>> most  notably mozilla-frefox, mozilla and KDE (I use vtwm normally),
>> don't work.
>
>Hi.
>
>1) When you run mozilla and mozilla-firefox from a command line, does
>the process eventually exit on its own?  in other words, do you get the
>command line back without pressing ^C?
>
>2) If it does not exit on its own, is the process continually 'doing
>something' - taking up CPU time? Or does it get to a point where it is
>quiescent?  (using top should answer this)
>
>2) Can you post the command line output/error messages from running one
>of them.  Also, which distribution is this.
>
>best wishes
>Aaron
>

>> When  I  call  mozilla, he gives a complaint about locals (I don't
>> think that's the problem). I was having the same problem with
>> mozilla-firefox, but  now  it  complains  about  the locale, and then
>> simple waits... The window never gets opened.
>>
>> I'm totally clueless. I installed everytihng from packages into the
>> chroot image, like I've seen in lots of HOWTOs, and done before.
>>
>> The only bizarre thing about this installation is that the kernel on
>> the server  is  different  from  the kernel on the hosts, so I'm
>> having some problems with modules...
>>
>> Any ideas, anyone??... :(
>>
>> 		thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Nicolau Werneck <nwerneck@cefala.org>         9F99 25AB E47E 8724
>> 2F71 http://cefala.org/~nwerneck                   EA40 DC23 42CE
>> 6B76 B07F "The great tragedy of science -- the slaying of a beautiful
>> hypothesis by an ugly fact. " -- Thomas Huxley

           \/