Re: X client problem..

Ishwar Rattan wrote:
<snip>
> results in
> 	... Can't open display "A:0"
>
> Any ideas?

Read http://www.linux.com/howtos/Remote-X-Apps-6.shtml

Right there on top it says:

"Notice that some X servers (from XFree86) can be configured not to
listen on the usual TCP port with the -nolisten tcp argument. Notably
the default configuration of Debian GNU/Linux is to disable the X server
listening on the TCP port. If you wish to use remote X on a Debian
system, you should re-enable this by altering the way the X server is
started. Look at /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc for a start."

There's some additonal simple debugging info as well.

-Dave
--
If you've found this email interesting, are interested in Free Software
and would like to help the FSF please drop me a line so I can provide