Is the new installer creating too smal a / partition?

I built a machine over the weekend using the new installer. I installed
unstable on it, and set it up as a ltsp server, whch required adding a
small amount of data to the root filesystem (/tftpdir). I used all of a 40G
drive, and took the default "multiuser" partioning, with all partions
reisefs (except /tmp, which I set to EXT2).

This morning I did an apt-get update ; apt-get dist-upgrade. This required
upgrading from the 2.4.26 kernel to the 2.4.27 kernel. This failed because
there  was not enough room in / for both kenels.

I was able to squeak by (this time) by moving the /tftpdir stuuf off of /,
but this reuslted in (transiently) a 99% full root parition.

I wou;d sugest that the default partion sizes be change to leave more room
in the root partition for such things.

Am I missisng something here?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin