Re: Thunderbird and Firefox

David P James wrote:
On Mon 16 August 2004 17:37, Marc Shapiro wrote:

What about those of us who do NOT use gnome?  Any ideas for the rest
of us?  I use fvwm2.

You can try installing gnome-control-center but it looks like it'll pull
in a lot of GNOME in so doing. I believe there is another way of doing
this through gconf (a sort of Windows-like registry for GNOME but that
doesn't require GNOME) but I've never been able to figure it out.

I have an instruction on in my sites faq on howto set the preferred browser with the gconf command line tool. Take alook at: http://www.jwsdot.com/debian/faq.html#q9 -> 2nd solution.

Thus you won't need the whole control center installed.

--
 GPG messages preferred. |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 Alexander Sack          | : :' :      The  universal