openldap2, sarge

I've been waiting for the unstable version openldap2 to propogate to
sarge since there were reported severe problems with TLS with the
version currently in sarge. I checked on the status today and it says:

Package is in freeze; use testing-proposed-updates for changes

Also, looking at the list of packages that have been waiting, openldap2
is listed as "not considered" for sarge.

What does this mean? Does it mean that sarge is going to stick with the
older version of openldap2 even though the fixed version was in
unstable before the freeze (20+ days ago)?

I realize that I can just install the version from unstable, but I'd
prefer to keep everything from just sarge.

Richard